SeaSonde SatDrive Kit
CODAR Product Code: SSDA-SATD
SeaSonde SatDrive is an easy-to-use satellite-based file transfer system. In the event of a storm or power or primary data link outage, SeaSonde Remote Unit output files sent to SatDrive can be forwarded via satellite to the destination of your choice or archived for long-term storage.
A built-in web interface is used to configure options including where to send files. Once configured, any file sent to the SatDrive "SEND" folder will be automatically forwarded to the configured final destination. Using an internal lithium ion battery, SatDrive can transmit even when local power is lost. The enclosure is ruggedized and water resistant.
Files sent to the SatDrive "ARCHIVE" folder are kept for long-term storage. The internal memory card is ruggedized to withstand magnets, dust and over 24 hours in sea water. The memory card is designed to
survive even if the SatDrive is destroyed.
SatDrive is flexible. It supports most common transport protocols including rsync, rcp, FTP and SMB.
• Connects via standard 10/100mbps wired Ethernet
• Accept files via standard file transfer protocols1
• 32-128GB permanent, ruggedized archive storage2
• When a file is placed in the specified “SEND” folder, it is sent via satellite to configured destination & moved to “SENT” folder
• “HEARTBEAT” messages can be periodically sent via satellite to confirm operability
• “EXCEPTION” messages can be sent via satellite for power outages and other unexpected issues
• Notifications can be sent for each file transmitted by satellite
• Internal battery backup
• Wide temperature tolerance range of 0°C (32°F) - 45°C (113°F)
• Hardened, water resistant case
SatDrive Ruggedized Hardware
Iridium Antenna & Coaxial antenna cable (10m length)
SeaSonde SatDrive Software License
Compatibility/Requirements (not included with kit):
• SeaSonde Radial Suite Software, Release 8 or later.
• Iridium Data Plan Subscription
Chemistry: Lithium Polymer (LiPo)
Capacity: 8Ah +/- 5%
Charge Time: 8-12 hours
Temperature range: 0°C (32°F) - 45°C (113°F) Standards: UN 38.3
Processor: 32 bit ARM
User storage: 32GB-128GB depending on model
Ratings IP65, IP66, IP67, NEMA 1,2,4,4X,6, UL-508
Dimensions 255mm x 180mm x 75mm(10" L x 7.1" W x 3" H)
Ethernet 10/100 RJ45
Satellite Antenna coax
Power monitor 3.3VDC
Wired Ethernet Up to 100Mbps
Satellite Up to 2400bps
Via Ethernet rsync, scp, rcp, FTP, SFTP, NFS depending on model
Weight: 311.85g (11oz)
Length: 18.7cm (7.4”) x Width: 7.6cm (3") - diameter
Polarization: Right hand circular
Axial Ratio: 3 dB
Max Finish: Weatherable Polymer
VSWR: less than 2.0:1
Radiation Pattern: 0.4dBic: 0° = 0°m; 1.4dBic: 0° < Zenith < 45°
-0.25dBic: 75° < Zenith < 82°
Antenna Connector: TNC Female
Power: Power handling 1W
Temperature: -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F)
Atmospheric Pressure: Altitude: 20 000 ft
Rx Frequency Band; 1616 – 1626 MHz
Connects to 1" Threaded Pipe (not included)
1 - Specific protocols may vary by model.
2 - Available storage may vary by model
SSDA-SATD specification, v1, rev 12/2016
†Product Specifications Subject to Change Without Notice.